Thursday, October 29, 2009

And the "hits" just keep on coming.

Just when I think I've beaten the dead horse to death, a reason to doubt myself arises.

Did you know that if you vote for Question 4, my hair could return to the full splendor of years ago?

And that if you vote for Question 4, unprincipled and unspecified evildoers could raid your home, steal your peanut butter and jelly, and convert it to certified Prime Grade filet mignons with which to gorge themselves while you and yours go unfed?

Do you doubt me? Why?

I didn't say such things will happen, or must happen, or shall happen. And as unlikely as these outcomes are, it's undeniable that they could happen, and you can't prove otherwise.

Silly me, I suppose, but all I'm doing is learning from a No on Question 4 campaign flyer that arrived today. It features a resolute Nurse Practitioner on the cover saying "when THE STATE cuts health care...."

And on the inside, it launches into a litany of "coulds" with no substantiation and no language from the initiative. It is, plain and simple, demagoguery at it's finest, intended to scare you to death without justification.

"Health care services could be cut." "Public safety services could also face significant cuts." "Seniors could face cuts to important services."

And, I suppose, monkeys could fly out of my butt singing Hail Britannia.

Then there's today's paper, in which the brave editors paste in an anti-Question 4 column from the web as their offering on the subject, and Doug "Pass the Kool-Aid" Rooks continues his unbroken record of support for big and unlimited government, no matter how much he has to compromise the truth to make his case.

Neither mentions, of course, that if Question 4 (or any other Question for that matter, including 2) is approved by voters, the legislature and the Governor are free to repeal any and all on the very next day if they so choose. They are not legally bound to abide such voter actions.

Nor are they "honor bound;" such a concept is alien to the halls of government.

It departed at the same time the concept of "public service" died.

No comments:

Post a Comment