Thursday, June 9, 2011

Afterthought on BBC&O…

I meant to wrap up yesterday’s post with a reference to the current street quip that “buying a newspaper is like paying someone to lie to you.”

And then I thought about extending the concept to Bowdoin College, at least as exemplified by the assertions of Professor Klingle.

So we have an opportunity for reader creativity.  Please come up with a witty corollary that captures the essence of “buying a Bowdoin College degree for $200,000 is like paying someone to blah, blah, blah.”

You know those scenes in championship football games where a bunch of mischievous players sneak up behind the coach, and shower him with a cooler full of Gatorade?

I’m beginning to worry that one of these days, when I’m somewhere out on the town, a couple of Brunswick’s finest agitpropists will sneak up and shower me with a cooler full of Kool-Aid, hoping to wash every smidgeon of skepticism from my body.

Good luck with that.  The pranksters can save it for the sheep, who will surely appreciate it in this hot weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment