Monday, January 18, 2010

A sacerdotal question on LD 1365 single payer health care...

Say, Brother Charlie, before you go much further on this bill, would you please send me a copy of the health insurance policy I'd end up with?  I get all the details from insurers before I select my Medicare Advantage/Supplement plan so I can make an informed choice.  The same is true for homeowner's and car insurance if I ask.  In fact, there's probably all sorts of disclosure laws enacted by caring public servants to protect me and make sure I know what I'm getting into before I make my decision.  You know what crooks those insurers can be; without your protection, who knows what we'd get.

When you send it along, I'll publish it here for all to see.

Oh, wait.  I just realized something.  I won't be making any decision or choice, will I?

You'll be making it for me, so the details are, in a manner of speaking, irrelevant to my former personal freedom in such matters.

Thanks for handling things for me; it sure clears up all those nagging doubts.  And we feel so much better knowing that the government is watching over us.

1 comment:

  1. You ungrateful wretch. Don't you know that if you were given a free choice you would goof it up.

    All these nice bureaucrats want to do is help you and you have to go off on a rant.

    ReplyDelete